Vines are one of the most beautiful and menacing characters in the garden. They are super charged for growth. Some can even reach 30 feet in one season.
In this episode we explore how vines can use their super powers for good or for evil and how gardeners can exploit their need for speed. Join us as we explore the good, the bad and the ugly side of vines.
The other episodes are:
1. Life In A Vegetable Garden - Many mouths to feed, and clever ways to avoid becoming a meal.
2. Nightlife - What comes out at night in the garden.
3. Honeybees - The role of honeybees in a common garden.
4. Appleachia - The amazing array of life an apple tree can lure into a garden.
5. Fungi - What you see is only the tip of the iceberg.
6. Sap Sucking Hoppers - The astronauts of the garden.
7. Garden Mimics - More than meets the eye.
9. Whether The Weather - How plants survive the stress of changes in the weather.
10. Weevils - They crawl, they fly, and some even swim...
11. Squirrels - What are these chipmunks and squirrels doing in the garden?
12. The Old Oak Tree - The diverse world of oaks and their residents.
13. Life In A Lawn - Paradise is a well-tended lawn.
Grade Level: 3-12, College, Adult
US Release Date: 2007
Copyright Date: 2004
DVD ISBN: 1-59458-646-2
"The most eye-popping series."
The (Toronto) Globe and Mail
"Through dramatic macro-photography, viewers enter the sci-fi beauty of the garden and gain a new perspective on the interactive roles played by everything from the lowly earwig to the majestic rose."
The Toronto Star
"This outstanding series is especially recommended for school and community libraries as being of special interest and value for children and adults with an interest in gardening and its flora/fauna ecosystems through all four seasons of the year."
The Midwest Book Review