Paradise is a well-tended lawn, according to the creatures making their homes in the lush, manicured grasses around your house.
There they find soft, succulent growth to feed on and protection from the blazing sun and nasty, ever-hungry predators. "Life In A Lawn" takes you underground to see grubs destroying grass from the bottom up, moles moving earth mountains, and magical transformations.
See a lawn growing before your eyes and get a sneak peak as skunks and raccoons use their smarts and dexterity to turn the tables on the bugs living in your front yard.
The other episodes are:
1. Life In A Vegetable Garden - Many mouths to feed, and clever ways to avoid becoming a meal.
2. Nightlife - What comes out at night in the garden.
3. Honeybees - The role of honeybees in a common garden.
4. Appleachia - The amazing array of life an apple tree can lure into a garden.
5. Fungi - What you see is only the tip of the iceberg.
6. Sap Sucking Hoppers - The astronauts of the garden.
7. Garden Mimics - More than meets the eye.
8. Vines - The good, the bad and the ugly side of vines.
9. Whether The Weather - How plants survive the stress of changes in the weather.
10. Weevils - They crawl, they fly, and some even swim...
11. Squirrels - What are these chipmunks and squirrels doing in the garden?
12. The Old Oak Tree - The diverse world of oaks and their residents.
Grade Level: 3-12, College, Adult
US Release Date: 2007
Copyright Date: 2004
DVD ISBN: 1-59458-640-3
"The most eye-popping series."
The (Toronto) Globe and Mail
"Through dramatic macro-photography, viewers enter the sci-fi beauty of the garden and gain a new perspective on the interactive roles played by everything from the lowly earwig to the majestic rose."
The Toronto Star
"This outstanding series is especially recommended for school and community libraries as being of special interest and value for children and adults with an interest in gardening and its flora/fauna ecosystems through all four seasons of the year."
The Midwest Book Review