With their intricate dance of communication, their flight patterns requiring sophisticated navigation and their prolific pollen gathering abilities, honeybees are some of the most active and mysterious creatures in the garden.
In this episode we join the sisterhood to intimately explore the role of honeybees in a common garden. We'll even set up a sting to find the hive where these pollen bandits stash the loot.
The other episodes are:
1. Life In A Vegetable Garden - Many mouths to feed, and clever ways to avoid becoming a meal.
2. Nightlife - What comes out at night in the garden.
4. Appleachia - The amazing array of life an apple tree can lure into a garden.
5. Fungi - What you see is only the tip of the iceberg.
6. Sap Sucking Hoppers - The astronauts of the garden.
7. Garden Mimics - More than meets the eye.
8. Vines - The good, the bad and the ugly side of vines.
9. Whether The Weather - How plants survive the stress of changes in the weather.
10. Weevils - They crawl, they fly, and some even swim...
11. Squirrels - What are these chipmunks and squirrels doing in the garden?
12. The Old Oak Tree - The diverse world of oaks and their residents.
13. Life In A Lawn - Paradise is a well-tended lawn.
Grade Level: 3-12, College, Adult
US Release Date: 2007
Copyright Date: 2004
DVD ISBN: 1-59458-639-X
"The most eye-popping series."
The (Toronto) Globe and Mail
"Through dramatic macro-photography, viewers enter the sci-fi beauty of the garden and gain a new perspective on the interactive roles played by everything from the lowly earwig to the majestic rose."
The Toronto Star
"This outstanding series is especially recommended for school and community libraries as being of special interest and value for children and adults with an interest in gardening and its flora/fauna ecosystems through all four seasons of the year."
The Midwest Book Review