SPECIAL OFFER: A special offer is available for six or more of any of the 'This is Daniel Cook' or 'This is Emily Yeung' Series titles. .
"A delightful collection!...appropriate topics nicely grouped and with distinct parallels to the primary curriculum." Sandi Zwaan, Educational Consultant
This second series features seven-year old Daniel Cook. Well-mannered, inquisitive and intelligent Daniel explores the world around him through his own candid questions. Simple, pure, and honest, this is a series that allows children to view everything from Daniel's perspective, seeing what he sees and learning what he learns.
Each segment is six minutes long and they have been aggregated thematically into 13 half-hour episodes, each with 5 separate segments.
There is a companion interactive website to enhance and further the Daniel Cook experience.
The 13 individual episodes are:
14. Winter Fun - Daniel visits a winter festival, learns the sport of curling, goes downhill skiing and tobogganing, and learns how to care for and control sled dogs.
15. Celebrations Daniel carves a pumpkin, goes trick-or-treating, makes a valentine and an ornament, and decorates Easter eggs.
16. Special Things To Eat - Daniel tries new vegetables and makes maple syrup, a birthday cake, candy canes, and a yule log.
17. Special Things To Make - Daniel builds his own robot and makes a birdhouse, an animal totem, a puppet, and soap.
18. Interesting People, Interesting Jobs - Daniel gets an eye exam, learns about dog guides and yoga, visits a veterinarian, and helps a zookeeper.
19. Amazing Art - Daniel makes felt art, paints with watercolors, makes a self-portrait, draws a turtle, and makes a paper mache monster.
20. Water and Animals - Daniel sets up an aquarium, learns about fish and fishing, and goes whale watching.
21. Exploring and Discovering - Daniel learns about the desert, meets an elephant, goes on safari, and explores a cave and a beach.
22. Thrills and Chills Pt. 1 - Daniel goes go-carting, rides a rollercoaster, and visits a theme park, a water park, and a stunt show.
23. Thrills and Chills Pt. 2 - Daniel plays baseball, rides in a helicopter and a hot air balloon, digs for dinosaur bones, and goes on a camping trip.
24. Music - Daniel learns to conduct an orchestra, writes a song, sings jazz, visits a marching band, and learns to disco dance.
25. Nature, Science, and the Environment - Daniel visits a recycling plant, learns about butterflies, visits a waterfall, goes on an eco-adventure and studies rocks.
26. How Do They Do That? - Daniel goes on a tall ship, tastes new fruits, visits Medieval Times, learns about Egypt, and makes a gingerbread house.
Grade Level: Pre-K - Grade 2
US Release Date: 2006
Copyright Date: 2005
DVD ISBN: 1-59458-547-4
VHS ISBN: 1-59458-546-6
"What a delightful collection! It is a terrific variety of appropriate topics nicely grouped and with distinct parallels to the primary curriculum. Besides the value for children, I think the positive modeling of channeling the energy, focusing the interest and taking advantage of the curiosity is terrific! There is a lot for parents, caregivers, and teachers to learn from this series."
Sandi Zwaan, Educational Consultant
"[This is Daniel Cook] is a fun, entertaining, and quite interesting set of adventures... These videos are great for pre-K levels. Additionally, kids from fourth grade and under might find them somewhat intriguing. The ideal library niche for this set is a public library or early childhood learning center that might use them for both entertainment and inspiration."
Educational Media Reviews Online
"These entertaining and educational episodes are like virtual field trips experienced through a child's eyes."
School Library Journal